Criteria for the selection of candidates for attending Orientation Programme/Refresher Course
The criteria for the selection of teachers for attending orientation programme and refresher course is as under:
- The selection of candidates will be on the basis of seniority i.e., length of service in the cadre amongst the eligible candidates for Refresher Course whose applications are complete in all respects. Those candidates who require OP/RC/STC for their next promotion (level) earlier than others shall be given preference over those whose promotion is due in subsequent years.
- No application form will be entertained after last date fixed by this HRDC to receive application forms.
- As per UGC (Draft) guidelines section 7.1.4 participation in the Orientation Programme is a prerequisite for admission in the Refresher Courses.
- There should be a minimum gap of one year following an Orientation course for participating in a Refresher Course. Also there should be minimum gap of one year between two RC’s though it may be relaxed if an adequate number of participants are not available.
- Since the UGC releases the grant under three components of Gen., SC & ST, therefore the Reservation policy i.e. Gen. (76%), SC (16%) & ST (8%) shall be observed while selecting the participants. In case required number of participants are not available in the reserved category, in any course, it may be filled from the general category.
- Preference will be given to the participants of the catchment area.
- The number of participants in a Refresher Course/Orientation Programme and Short Term Courses should be minimum of 20 and maximum upto 40 as per the UGC guidelines.
- 75% participants will be drawn from the institutions falling within Himachal Pradesh, while 25% will be taken from other states to promote national integration as per UGC guidelines. In case of sufficient numbers of applicants are not available within the catchment area, the HRDC can take participants from other states.
- In case of inter-disciplinary courses the participants may not be allowed to do the course if he/she has already done the Refresher Course under the same title.