Himachal Pradesh University
(NAAC Accredited ‘A’ Grade University)
UGC-Human Resource Development Centre
Gyan Path, Summerhill, Shimla-5
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ATTENDING
ORIENTATION PROGRAMMES / REFRESHER COURSES
1. For registration, each participant will report to the Section Officer (HRDC) at 10.00 a.m. on the date specified in the selection letter. Teachers reporting late may not be registered.
2. No applicant will be entertained who fails to pay a Registration fee of Rs. 1,000/- (non refundable) in the shape of demand draft drawn in favour of the Director, Human Resource Development Centre, H.P. University, Shimla-5 payable at SBI, Summerhill, Shimla-5 along with ation/acceptance letter by the date mentioned in the selection letter.
3. No applicant will be entertained who fails to submit a copy of the Relieving Order of the Principal in the case of College teachers and of the Head/Chairperson of the Department concerned in the case of University teacher, as per specimen given below, at the time of registration for the course.
4. Each participant must carry with him/her syllabus of courses he/she is teaching and a summary of the talk he/she will have to deliver during the course.
5. The medium of instructions for the programme/course will be English & Hindi.
6. Each participant will be required to undertake some task for improving his/her subject knowledge. It may include book review, project work, experiments, writing papers, etc. Therefore, he/she should come prepared.
7. The participant will not be granted any type of leave of absence during the programme. The report of absence, if any, during programme will be communicated to the Principal/Head of the Institution and the participant will have to attend the succeeding programmes/courses to make up for the period of absence and only thereafter they will be issued the certificate of participation of the programme/course.
8. No DA will be paid to the participants as per the recent guidelines of the UGC.
9. Each outstation participant will be paid travelling charges as under: -
Outstation participant will be paid AC-III railway fare (all trains)/AC Deluxe bus fare (VOLVO BUS not allowed) on production of original tickets.
Note: TA bill in the absence of supporting documents in original will be rejected straight way.
10. No substitute will be allowed in place of the selected teacher.
11. Each participant will be awarded a certificate after successful completion of the course. The grades shall be awarded after assessing the participants under the criteria - multiple choice objective test, seminar, project/ survey work, micro-teaching and overall response. The participants who get 'D' grade are required to repeat the programme after a gap of one year without financial commitment to Human Resource Development Centre.
GUIDELINES FOR THE CONDUCT OF PROGRAMME
- The HRDC works on all the days of the week from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except Sundays (an education trip is arranged on one of the Sundays). First session starts at 10:00 a.m. in which the report of previous day is presented by the reporter. The group also discusses an issue or thought which is presented by the Chairperson of the session.
- The technical sessions are chaired by the participants by rotation. The Chairperson would be responsible for commencing the session in time, monitoring the discussion and concluding the session with thanks to the resource person. He/She will also appoint reporter(s) for the day.
- The reporter will read before the house the proceeding of previous day for ation and modifications, if any. Editors of the report will ensure that the corrected reports are typed and presented to the participants in the form of a compiled volume at the end of the programme.
- As per UGC guidelines, each participant is required to make a presentation (Seminar/Book review) relating to his area of interest/specialization for discussion. The participants will also be undertaking a research project out of the topics suggested by the HRDC.
- No leave is admissible during the programme. As per UGC guidelines, every participant has to be present on all working days. He/She is required to complete 108 and 144 contact hours in the HRDC (6 hours a day) during a 3-week and 4-week programme respectively, failing which the certificate will include only the contact hours completed by the participant or he or she has to come again for completing the deficit days/hours at his/her expenses. No DA will be paid for the period of absence during a programme.
- In HRDC programmes each participant participates in decision-making, execution and monitoring of various activities. He/she is required to be the member of one of the task groups constituted for the management of the programme.
- The participants are required to submit their TA forms duly filled up within two days of their joining the programme.
- Shimla is situated at a mean altitude of about 7000 ft. above sea level. The climate here is - December-March: Cold to very cold with moderate to heavy rain/snow requiring heavy woollens and umbrella/rain coat. April-June - Moderately warm occasionally requiring a light pullover. July-August- Moderate to heavy rains requiring umbrella/rain coat and occasionally a light pullover. September - November - Slightly cold requiring light woollens. However, the participants are advised to keep warm clothes even from April to August. There are many places of tourist interest around the city. Light flexible footwear can make the walking comfortable.