In the near future, the HRDC proposes to:
- Ensure quality improvement along with quantitative increase in the number of programmes.
- Modernize training package incorporating the use of LCD, Notebook, Networking, etc.
- Strive for achieving the status of Nodal Centre for training of both academic and non-academic staff of colleges/universities.
- Organize training programmes for training of women in management of higher education.
- Increase the frequency of publishing its journal 'Academe'.
- Strengthen the infrastructure particularly providing hostel facilities to the participants.
- Bring out standardized instruments for monitoring and evaluation of the impact of in-service training.
- Collaborate with national and international departments/agencies such as government departments, NGOs, Ford Foundation, Common Wealth Secretariat, etc. for sharing expertise and resources for further improving the organizational excellence
- Work out the possibility of starting academic training course for the students who plan to adopt teaching career at higher education level.
- Conduct training programmes for all categories of non- teaching staff of the universities/colleges.
- Organise short duration programme for Deans, HoDs, Professors and Associate Professors.
- Conduct training programme for research scholars on research methodology.