AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- True education aims at holistic and integrated development of an individual's personality including intellectual, physical, emotional, moral and ethical aspects in search of truth.
- It should transform him / her into an ideal citizen and a national asset. It should enable him / her to contribute significantly to the process of nation building and to the development of a harmonious society.
- In view of the overarching importance of education, everyone must have a right for uninterrupted education in an academic institution.
- To help in fulfilling the obligations of the UGC with regard to effective teaching days as prescribed from time to time and to ensure the implementation of UGC guidelines and rules and regulations as provided in the University's Act, Statutes, and Ordinances with regard to attendance requirement, academic and examination schedules, etc.
- Since students are the central focus of any educational system / institution, their participation in its activities is undoubtedly essential within the overall perspective as stated above.
- To ensure the maintenance of proper academic atmosphere and orderliness amongst the students;
- To promote corporate social and cultural life of students and to train them in their duties, responsibilities and rights of citizenship;
- To promote opportunities for the development of character, leadership, discipline and spirit of service among students;
- To coordinate and integrate the activities of various committees / societies / clubs in the University;
- To help in the organization of academic / cultural and sports activities in the University
- To help in improving the living conditions in hostels and implementation of hostel discipline and rules framed from time to time to create conducive academic atmosphere free of violence and fear psychosis.
- The Dean Students’ Welfare, Chief Warden, Director of Physical Education and Youth Programmes; and Five Teachers to be nominated by the Vice Chancellor as Advisors.
b) Four office bearers, i.e. President, Vice- President, Secretary and Joint Secretary.
c) Elected representative of the various teaching departments.
d) One representative to be nominated by the Dean Students' Welfare from each Department from amongst the students admitted to the first semester having the highest percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examination.
- Two representatives to be nominated by the Director of Physical Education and Youth Programmes, H.P. University, from amongst the outstanding sportsmen / sportswomen.
- Two representatives to be nominated by the Dean Students’ Welfare from amongst the students excelling cultural and co-curricular activities
- Two representatives of the H.P. University Research Scholars to be elected from amongst themselves.
OFFICE BEARERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Dean Students’ Welfare will be the Principal advisor of the Students’ Central Association (Campus) and its Executive Committee. The Chief Warden, Director of Physical Education and Youth Welfare and five teachers nominated by the Vice Chancellor will be the members of the Executive Committee. In addition, the Executive Committee shall consist of:
- Vice President
- Joint Secretary
- Five members to be elected from amongst Department Representatives
- Five members to be elected from amongst the representatives mentioned at IV (d).
VIII. DUTIES OF OFFICE BEARERS
a) President:-The President will coordinate the meetings of the Executive Committees as well as meetings of the SCA.
b) Vice-President:-The Vice-President shall perform all the duties of the President in the latter's absence. He / she will automatically become the officiating President if the President resigns or is unable to discharge his / her duties for the rest of the term.
c) Secretary:-The Secretary of the SCA (Campus) will assist the President in performance of his / her duties.
d) Joint Secretary:-The Joint Secretary will perform all the duties of Secretary in latter's absence. He / she will automatically become the officiating Secretary if the Secretary resigns or is unable to discharge his / her duties for the rest of the term.
Important Note: In the event of the office of any major post of office bearers falling vacant within two months of elections, re-elections should be conducted, otherwise the Vice-President may be promoted to the post of President and Joint Secretary to the post of Secretary, as the case may be.