Dr. Ashu Kumar Gupta, Dean Faculty of Dental Science, HP University.
A brief Introduction about Faculty of Dental sciences:
Faculty of Dental Sciences, Himachal Pradesh University, regulates dental education, its admissions, Period of Training, Curriculum of B.D.S., M.D.S., Para dental courses etc. B.D.S. Courses is of Four Years duration followed by 12 months of compulsory rotatory internship before award of degree by the University. The Post Graduate Course of M.D.S. is of 3 Years. Paradental courses i.e. Dental Mechanic and Dental Hygienist is of 2 years duration.These Courses are regulated by Dental Council of India and Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Government of India.
Faculty of Dental Sciences comprises of following Departments:
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Prosthodontics Crown & Bridge
- Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Department of Paedodontics
- Department of Periodontoloy
- Department of Conservative Dentistry
- Department of Public Health Dentistry
- Department of Oral Pathology
Address: HP Govt. Dental College (IGMC), Shimla-171001
Fax : 0177 2651483
Principal’s Office Phone no : 0177 26588838