Management Aptitude Test
The admission is based on competitive examination which comprises of applications ratings, Management Aptitude Test (objective type having multiple choice Questions), group discussion and personal interview. Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT) will be of objective type having Multiple Choice Questions (M.C.Q.).
The HPU-MAT will have four sections of:-
|Sr. No.||Section Name||No. of Questions|
|2.||English Language Skills||50|
|3.||Reasoning and NUmerical Skills||50|
|4.||Business Environment Awareness||50|
1. General Knowledge
- India: Government, Constitution, laws, Politics, Achievements, Famous People, Organization, History, Geography, States.
- Sports, cinema, awards & recognitions.
- World: Counrties, Leaders, Organizations, Summits.
- Fundamentals of Science & information technology.
2. English Language Skills
- Grammer: Filling the blanks, Synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary, odd one out, sentence correction, meaning of words, Idioms & phrases etc.
- Reading and Comprehension: read passages and answer the multiple choice questiions.
3. Reasoning & Numerical Skills
- Assertion and reasons, Cause and Effect, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Critical reasoning, Analytical & Logical reasoning, Coding and decoding, Family tree, Statements and Conclusions, Statements and assumptions, Visual reasoning Symbol Based problems, etc.
- Algebra, Mean and Properties, LCM, HFF.
- Statistics: Mean, mode, median.
- Number Systems, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Interests, Time-Distance, Time-Work, Data, Interpretation, mensuration, direction, calendar, series, graphs, charts, table etc.
4. Business Environment Awareness
- World Economy, Indian Economy, Industry, Banking, Trade, Famous business tycoons & industrialists, corporate assocations BSE & NSE, logos & tags lines orf different companies.
- The latest who's who, latest government policies affecting the industry altogether etc.
- Familiarities with abbreviations of business huses, latest tie-ups of national and international comapnies and business achievements etc.
- business and economy currect affairs.
- Fundamentals of Economics, Commerce & Trade etc.
The performance in HPU-MAT is the basis for screening the candidates for group discussion and personal interview. Normally, three candidates for each seat are called for group discussion and personal interview.
The performance in the Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview and application rating will be the criterion for admitting the students. The candidates for Non Subsidised Students compete among themselves, so is the case with the subsidized seats.
ENTRANCE TEST (HPU-MAT) CENTERS
The HPU-MAT will be conducted at
The institute reserves the right to change the date / centre of HPU-MAT.
NOTE : The centre will be created depending on the number of applicants.