ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities (DASH) is an allied Department of UIT which serves as a bedrock for the Engineering Departments of the Institute. The Department takes care of core subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Management, Organizational Behaviour and Professional Communication. The Department has competent and knowledgeable Faculty with rich academic background and well equipped Laboratories.
Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities has a distinct vision to nurture and inculcate knowledge & understanding of Engineering Sciences and groom the Technocrats with intellectual and professional strength.
- To play a pivotal role in laying the foundations of Engineering education by motivating students to use concepts and analytical skills of Applied Sciences to enhance their learning ability.
- To groom professional strength in students with the basics of Humanities and Management sciences.
Activities for Training and Placement:-
- Mock Interviews
- Resume Preparation activities
- Personality Development Programmes
- Communication/Language Skill Labs. (Extempore/Presentation/Debates/Role Plays etc.)
- Career Counseling Activities